No, it's not the zoo. It's Colorado.

I was talking to a friend on the phone today when I interrupted the conversation to say to my daughter, "Look, a baby horse and a mommy horse." The friend on the phone said, "Where are you? at the zoo, or are you watching TV?" I laughed and said, "I'm driving and we're two blocks from our apartment." She laughed back and replied, "I really don't get where you're living now."

This is the west. I drive past horses, cows and sheep between this suburb and Boulder every day. There are mountains in sight pretty much every moment, and it never seems to rain. The clouds are out of control beautiful -- you can totally see what Albert Beirstadt saw in the landscape. No one wears cowboy hats or boots (perhaps that's for people further out) but this is the west, replete with mommy horses and their babies. Mommy cows, too. I'll try to post some pictures soon to explain what 1000 words can't. (Our camera has been on the fritz.)

Comments

Mom said…
I love your blogs Jen! Since we don't see you and the girls and Jon as often as we would like, it's great being able to see how your lives are unfolding! Great idea! And, post more picture! O and M are beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Lava Girl

Hippy Town

Time to make the donuts