Happy anniversary, sweetheart



We've been married eight years today. Eight years of marriage, ten of conversation, and there are still occasionally things he says about himself that I didn't know — recently, a story about grade school, rotating seats in math class, and waiting for it to be his turn to move to the front row. There was a girl involved, and teasing, and I'd never heard a word of it. It's nice when after so many years there's still something new to share.

The old things are nice, too. It's nice to know how much cheese someone likes in their quesadillas AND which newspaper columnists they turn to first. It's comforting to know a routine so well that I can time my morning shower to come downstairs to be on kid duty just as his cereal bowl enters the sink. It's nice to know he's cheering for me when I have something big going on, and it feels good to support him in his endeavors. Mostly it's just nice to be together. And to be a family together. My love blossoms further each time I see him be playfully silly with our girls, hug them when they're sad or sleepy, and offer the boo boo bunny and a cuddle when they're hurt.

Eight years, yay for us. Let's keep discovering each other's stories stories. I love you.

Comments

LisaBe said…
happy happy anniversary! i had a note on my calendar to send you a little ecard or at least an email; unfortunately, work exploded all over me and you've posted this before i could. i am so happy that you found him. he's a wonderful husband and dad, and he's lucky to have you for his wife and the mother of his children. give all three of them big squeezes from aunty mitch.

you've been the main character in my longest dreams for each of the past four nights. i think it's a sign that i really need to plan my visit. we'll talk soon. love, me.

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Lava Girl

Hippy Town

Time to make the donuts